Monday, June 18, 2012

Ramblings from a hotel lobby

We are Bernburg bound shortly. Yesterday was fairly relaxing. I was told the Guineses here is imported from Ireland and the real deal. I had to have it. Luckily there is an Irish pub in Gottingen but sadly it just didn't taste as good as I remember in Ireland. This begs the question, is Guiness really that much better in Ireland or is it the simple fact that you are IN Ireland? I will continue my research. The streets were a buzz after another W for Germany last night. Bizarre that had they lost, they could have been knocked out. But since they won, they finished at the top of their grouping. I miss basketball. I was hanging with a young German yesterday that I had met earlier in the trip and he casually used the 4 letter F bomb. I can't always understand what the Germans are saying so I asked if he just used an English cuss word and he confirmed. Apparently it's not really a big deal to say it here or in some other countries. I advised him that should he return to America that he maybe not go around using that word... It is quite warm here today and no a/c, so I am quite glad it has been cool here for most of our trip. We have 11 days left and while part of me is ready to lay my head on my own pillow, a big part of me will be really sad to leave. But I will leave with the intention of returning some day. After all, I still need to check out Bavaria! Something tells me I would love Oktoberfest.....

No comments:

Post a Comment