Friday, June 22, 2012

Naumberg

Naumberg has been awesome thus far.  I've gotten a 2 for 1 deal with host families because mine are great (Hans and Andrea) and the other 2 girls on my team are living directly across the street with another fantastic couple (Bodo and Monica) and the two families are great friends! So I've gotten to know all of them.

Although Germany is known for beer, there are many regional wineries. We had a personal tour by a winemaker at one this morning which was very interesting. Many people grow grapes in this area on hills for hobby. Monks started this hobby many years ago. We took a drive through the countryside and it was so scenic (helps that this was one of the nicest days we've had). We are in a very hilly region....which was good for my forest run this morning!

Our group leader runs a trucking company and we were together today....so this afternoon I toured a window factory and talked logistics. Not the most interesting for me personally but we were fed a great lunch and our tour guides were very nice.

Tonight was the Naumberg Rotary meeting with our presentation and then my host family had people over to watch the soccer game. I still can't figure how a country can get so jacked over a game with so little action/scoring....but I am a Cubs fan and will shut up now.

Gute nacht!





No comments:

Post a Comment